Catholic Education Melbourne
The 2020 school year has begun with over 150,000 students returning to or beginning their education in Catholic schools across Melbourne this week.
It’s a particularly exciting time for St Catherine of Siena Catholic Primary School, Armstrong Creek, and Iona College, Charlemont. These brand new schools are providing Catholic families in the growing areas south of Geelong with additional primary and secondary education options.
The future is listening is the theme of Catholic Education Week this year, scheduled from 15–22 March. Highlights of the week include the Creative Arts Exhibition, Mass of St Patrick for Schools and Young Speakers Colloquium. There is also a chance to welcome our newest teachers at the Graduate Teacher Celebration.
Term 1 important dates:
- Wednesday 29 January: Term 1 begins
- Wednesday 26 February: Ash Wednesday
- Sunday 15 March to Sunday 22 March: Catholic Education Week
- Monday 16 March to Saturday 21 March: Creative Arts Exhibition
- Tuesday 17 March: Mass of St Patrick for Schools, Concert in the Park and Young Speakers Colloquium
- Wednesday 18 March: Graduate Teacher Celebration
- Friday 27 March: Term 1 ends